Welcome to TechBeat, the award-winning e-newsmagazine of the National Law Enforcement and Corrections Technology Center (NLECTC) System. Our goal is to keep you up to date on technologies for the public safety community and research and development efforts within the federal government and private industry. TechBeat is published monthly.
TechBeat is free. Use the subscription button to start receiving notifications of our monthly newsletter.Subscribe
If you have questions, call (800) 248-2742, fax (301) 240-6730 or email email@example.com
Unless otherwise indicated, all articles appearing in TechBeat may be reproduced. We do, however, request that you include a statement of attribution, such as: "This article is taken from the April 2016 issue of TechBeat, published by the Justice Technology Information Center, a component of the National Law Enforcement and Corrections Technology Center System, a program of the National Institute of Justice, (800) 248-2742."
TechBeat has transitioned to an online-only format. Through the years, TechBeat has won numerous awards, and we remain committed to producing an award-winning publication.
In 2012, the interactive edition of TechBeat was singled out by the International Academy of Visual Arts for a Silver Communicator Award, also known as the Award of Distinction. The Academy is an invitation-only body consisting of top-tier professionals from acclaimed media, communications, advertising, creative and marketing firms. The 2012 Communicator Awards featured more than 6,000 entries. Also in 2012, the TechBeat print edition received the American Graphic Design Award from Graphic Design USA. The mobile app received a 2013 MarCom Gold Award from the Association of Marketing and Communications Professionals, and an Award of Distinction in the 20th Annual Communicator Awards in 2014.
- 1998 Best of Category, Excellence in Printing Award from the Printing & Graphic Communications Association
- First place 1998 Blue Pencil Award for Most Improved Periodical from the National Association of Government Communicators
- 1999 Silver Inkwell Award of Merit from the International Association of Business Communicators
- APEX 2001 Award of Excellence for Magazines and Newspapers Printed
- APEX 2006 Award of Excellence Newsletters Print
- 2009 Award of Excellence, External Magazine, National Association of Government Communicators